Sunday, August 09, 2020
1:00 to 4:00 PM | Hazel Ruby Community Building
**Pick-Up: Sunday, August 16
12:00 to 2:00 PM | Hazel Ruby Community Building
ANY CANNED ITEM NOT PICKED UP BY
SUNDAY, AUGUST 16 BY 2:00 PM WILL BE DISCARDED. Ribbons will be saved.
NO EXHIBITS WILL BE ACCEPTED OUTSIDE NORMAL
CHECK-IN HOURS. EXHIBITS CANNOT BE PICKED UP BEFORE THE NORMAL PICK-UP HOURS.
• Only amateur exhibitors allowed, except where noted. “Amateur” is defined as a recreational hobby, not for livelihood or occupational therapy. “Professional” is defined as involvement in a hobby that results in financial gain for the participant and the participant deems part of their livelihood or occupational therapy.
• All exhibits must be made by the exhibitor from scratch. No exhibits should be made using a mix, or created at a store, bakery or factory.
• Articles improperly classified or do not conform to rules will not be judged.
• When there is no competition a ribbon may be given (if worthy). If in a class no exhibits are worthy, ribbons will not be awarded. The decision of the judges is final.
• Fair officials will take every precaution for the safekeeping of exhibits after their arrival and arrangement in the building, but will not be responsible for any damage or loss that may occur.
• Each exhibitor is limited to ONE entry per class.
• Foods for display must be covered using CLEAR plastic wrap.
• Do not bring food on valuable plates. Place on paper plates.
• In “collections” the judges will award ribbons based on quality and variety.
• Sugar Free Foods must meet diabetic standards and include a recipe.
• Fair officials reserve the right to discard foods that are no longer suitable for display.
• All canned goods must be canned using USDA recommendations.
Section 1 — BREADS
Each entry must be displayed on an 8” or 9” disposable plate. 1st, 2nd and 3rd places awarded.
Section 2 – CAKES
You may choose to bring one-half of each cake entered. Cakes must be placed on a piece of heavy card board that has been covered with aluminum foil. Aluminum covered cardboard must NOT extend more than 1-inch beyond cake. 1st, 2nd and 3rd places are awarded
Section 3 — COOKIES
Four (4) cookies/cupcakes must be displayed on an 8” or 9” disposable plate for each entry. 1st, 2nd and 3rd places awarded
Bar Cookies will be judged on uniformity with a well-cut shape; texture, tenderness, and flavor. Rolled Cookies will be judged on appearance (retains shape of cutter), color, texture, and flavor. Drop Cookies will be judged on uniformity and shape, color, texture, and flavor.
Pressed Cookies will be judged on the definition of shape, color, texture and flavor.
Section 4 — PIES
No cream filled or refrigerated pies will be accepted.
Pies must be displayed on a disposable pie plate.
1st, 2nd and 3rd places are awarded.
Section 5 - DECORATED CAKES
All decorated cakes have a maximum height limit of 12”.
Anyone who sells cakes from home kitchens is considered to be a professional when more than 10% of their income is made from such activity. Dummy cakes are permitted for the decorated cake classes only.
1st, 2nd and 3rd places awarded.
• Decorated Cake, Original Design
• Decorated Cake, Everything Edible
Section 6 — CANDIES
Six (6) pieces of candy must be displayed on a 6” plate.
1st , 2nd and 3rd places awarded.
Section 7 — CANNED GOODS
Section 8 — PICKLED FOODS
In pint or Quart Jars
1st, 2nd and 3rd places awarded .
Section 9 — SOFT SPREADS
Must be processed in metal top Jelly Glass or 1/2 pint Jars with ¼ inch head space. Cannot be sealed with paraffin.
All canned goods will be judged on color, correct head-space, condition of product, sealing of container, and condition of jars, lids, and rings used. Canned fruit and vegetables will also be judged on proportion of solids to liquids and uniformity of size and shape of product. Jams, jellies, and preserves will also be judged on clearness and sparkle.
Section 10 — DRIED FRUITS & VEGETABLES
Displayed in 1/2 Pint Jars Unsealed
1st, 2nd and 3rd places awarded.
Youth 18 Years of age and younger can exhibit in all categories.